University of Mississippi Health Services
- The Ole Miss Health Services was created to serve students, faculty, and staff at the University of Mississippi. University Health Services is dedicated to meeting the health care needs of our community.
- To learn more about University Health Services, visit healthcenter.olemiss.edu
Oxford Medical Ministries Clinic
- Oxford Medical Ministries Clinic is a private, nonprofit, community based organization that provides compassionate, quality healthcare at no charge to low income, uninsured working adults of Lafayette and Yalobusha counties in Mississippi.
- To learn more about the Clinic, visit facebook.com/OxfordMedicalMinistriesClinic
- Medicaid provides health coverage for eligible, low income populations in Mississippi. These include children, low-income families, pregnant women, family planning benefits, the aged, and disabled.
- Whether or not you are eligible for Medicaid is determined partly by your income. To see if you may be eligible for Medicaid in Mississippi, visit https://medicaid.ms.gov/medicaid-coverage/who-qualifies-for-coverage/income-limits-for-medicaid-and-chip-programs/
- To apply for Medicaid benefits in Mississippi, visit https://www.access.ms.gov/Application
- To learn about Medicaid if you live somewhere other than Mississippi, visit https://www.usa.gov/medicaid
Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- CHIP offers free or low-cost medical and dental care to uninsured kids up to age 19 whose family income is above Medicaid’s limit but below their state’s CHIP limit.
- To see if you are eligible or to apply, visit healthcare.gov/medicaid-chip/childrens-health-insurance-program/
University of Mississippi Counseling Center
- The University Counseling Center is currently offering telemental health services to Ole Miss students, faculty, and staff! To learn more about this option, please call 662-915-3784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org between 9 AM and 4 PM.
- To learn more about the Counseling Center, visit counseling.olemiss.edu
The University Counseling Center is located on the third floor of Lester Hall. Services include individual counseling and therapy, support groups and crisis intervention. UM students may receive 10 free therapy visits per academic year. UM employees may receive a free consultation and as many as three additional sessions at $30 per session (per academic year). The fee for UM employees is payroll deducted.
- UMatter serves as the official site for finding resources and information on how to care for yourself and your peers when in distress.
- To learn more, visit umatter.olemiss.edu
University of Mississippi Psychological Services
- Our mission is to provide affordable and accessible services to the Mississippi community through low cost, high quality services for people with and without insurance.
- Open to students and community members.
- Call 662-915-7385 or visit psc.olemiss.edu for more information.
The UM Psychological Services Center and Department of Psychology offer a variety of services on a sliding pay scale. If payment is an issue, tell your therapist at your first visit and they will make accommodations. Examples of commonly addressed problems include anxiety/panic, academic problems, sexual identity, depression, and parent-child problems.