Financial contributions allow us to continue stocking the Food Pantry with nutritious food and other essential items for Ole Miss students and staff.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Food Pantry usage has been especially high. In fact, we have provided over 8,000 meals since March 15, 2020 (as of July 16, 2020). Without our generous donors, we would not be able to do such incredible work for the community.
If you would like to make a financial contribution online, please visit umfoundation.com/foodbank.
Contributions by Check
If you would like to make a financial contribution by check, please make checks payable to the University of Mississippi Foundation and mail to 406 University Ave., Oxford, MS 38655. Please write “Food Pantry” on the memo line.
If you would like to make a contribution by cash or card, please email Grovegrocery@go.olemiss.edu.
Grove Grocery has partnered with Ole Miss Dining and Aramark to allow students, faculty, and staff with extra meal swipes to donate them to those in need. Click here to learn more.
Physical donations may be left in the donation bins outside the Food Pantry (Room 213, Kinard Hall, 207 Rebel Dr) at any time. If you would like to make a large donation; or to donate frozen food, refrigerated food, or bread, please email email@example.com in advance to coordinate a drop-off time.
While we are grateful for all donations, we especially appreciate items that are individually wrapped within the packaging so that we can distribute them to as many people as possible. For example, Tide Pods work better than powdered laundry detergent, and oatmeal packets work better than a large can of oatmeal.
If you would like to donate, please read through our list of most-needed items, sorted by category.
- Baking items (flour, sugar, baking powder, canola oil, cooking spray, baking mix, etc.)
- Cans meat/fish
- Cans of beans
- Cans/jars of fruit
- Cans of vegetables (we have plenty of green beans and corn!)
- Dry pasta
- Dry rice
- *NOTE: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance if you would like to donate bread
- Cans of soup or pasta (such as Spaghetti O’s)
- Condiments, sauces, spices, and seasoning (pasta sauce, salsa, peanut butter, Italian seasoning, salt/pepper, etc.)
- Shelf-stable snacks (granola bars, microwave popcorn, crackers, nuts, etc.)
- Frozen dinners, meat, vegetables, and fruit
- *NOTE: Please email us at email@example.com in advance if you would like to donate frozen items
- Brown paper grocery bags
- Bottled water
- Unrefrigerated juice
COVID-19 Relief Items
- Cloth and disposable face masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Laundry detergent (detergent pods, such as Tide Pods, work best)
- Dish soap
- Dish detergent (detergent tablets, such as Finish tablets, work best)
- Multi purpose cleaner
- Lysol wipes
- Paper towels (individually wrapped)
- Toilet paper (individually wrapped)
- Shower gel
- Bar soap
- Shaving cream
Find us on the map! Our building is located right up the street from Residence Halls 2&3.